cff: Children Faith Formation Program (Pre-K --6th gr.)
Classes run from the 3rd Sunday in September through the Sunday before Memorial Day Weekend in May in the school building. Classes are held on most weeks, with a Sunday 10:30am track, a Sunday 2:45pm track, a Tuesday 5:30pm track, and a Home Program track. All class times are immediately after a Mass in the Church, and are accompanied by adult programs in English and Spanish. CFF includes PreK classes for children starting at age 2.9 (toilet trained) and continuing through 6th Grade. All participating children and parents are required to attend the Orientation Day on the first Sunday/Tuesday of classes (September 18, 2016).
- ONLINE CFF REGISTRATION for all new and returning children.
- 2016-17 CFF Calendar (Google-doc)
- 2016-17 Horario y Guia de clases formacion en la fe in Espanol.
- ANNUAL CFF WAIVER must be signed each year for each child who will participate in CFF.
- This will be due by the first class on September 18.
- CFF TUITION: Tuition for the first child each year is $150, for September through mid-May.
- The second child is an additional $65.
- The cost for all additional children is $45.
- The fee for preparing to receive a Sacrament that year is an additional $50 per child.
- Pay online here (preferred) or submit a check to "St. Dominic's Church." Cash is also accepted, if delivered in person, in an envelope with your child's name on it and "CFF, 2016-17" on the front.
- Additional donations, called "Agape gifts" are appreciated to help cover the costs of families who can't pay as much.
- No child will be turned away because of financial need. There are opportunities for parents to volunteer extra hours in lieu of full tuition.
- Contact the Director of Family & Youth Ministries, Socorro Reyes, at email@example.com or 415-674-0446, after August 1st with questions.
Families who are unable to participate regularly in Sunday morning classes and weekday make-up classes at St. Dominic's may instead choose the home-based program of faith formation. In this program, parents receive guides and curriculum to teach at home each week to their children at a time convenient for your family. Then, two or three times a year, these families gather with the Home Program coordinator at the parish hall or at a large family home for a meal and mini-retreat to review what has been learned. To select the home-based program, indicate this on your CFF registration form (above).
Sacramental Preparation and RCIC for children
Children's Faith Formation (CFF, above) includes First Reconciliation & First Communion preparation classes for 2nd graders (and above) who are ready. Classes begin September 15th. RCIC and RCIA-for-Youth, which meets monthly on Tuesday nights beginning in September, is for all those over age 7 who have not yet been baptized, or for those over age 11 who have not yet received 1st Communion, leading towards their initiation at the Easter Vigil or Easter Sunday. For more information and to register for Youth Confirmation, which starts in 7th grade, go to www.stdominics.org/ministries/youth.