Classes begin on September 18, 2022!
Registration open to Registered, active parishioners on April 9, 2022
Registration open to non-parishioners (must register as associate member) on April 17, 2022
We will be back to in person only classes for the 2022-23 school year, which begins on Sunday, September 18, 2022. Confirmation and Youth Ministry will also take place on Sunday mornings only. All classes begin at 10:30 a.m., immediately following the 9:30 Family Mass.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) - Our Level 1 Atrium for children aged 3 through Kindergarten, and our Level 2 Atrium which comprises First Communion class, is a montessori based, hands on approach to passing on our faith. The children learn about the life of Jesus, the geography of Israel, the parables, the articles and gestures of the Mass plus liturgical colors and seasons. It leads them to contemplation and prayer, and helps them to form their own relationship with Jesus. We also give them space for artwork and prayer card making, and teach them calligraphy in First Communion.
our options for the 2022-23 school year are as follows:
Level 1 CGS Atrium for aged 3 - Kindergarten (MUST be toilet trained) – Sunday mornings, 10:30-11:30, in person only with a maximum of 25 registered students. THIS CLASS IS FULL. MAY REGISTER FOR WAITLIST.
First Communion, aged 1st grade and up – this 2 year program is open to children aged 1st - 6th grade (first year), and uses the CGS Montessori method. Children love it! We will have 2 options during the 2022-23 school year, with a maximum of 35 children in each classroom - it is a double size room, with multiple presentations and silent work time happening at the same time.
Sunday mornings, 10:30-11:30 SUNDAY CLASS IS FULL - MAY REGISTER FOR WAITLIST. SPACE AVAILABLE THURSDAY.
Thursday afternoons, 4:00-5:30 (they love the extra time)
3rd-4th Grade and 5th-6th Grade for students who have already received First Communion . This is a traditional classroom setting, and we will use the Sophia Institute for Teachers program. Classes are Sunday mornings, 10:30-11:30.
Our 18 month Confirmation Program for students aged 7th Grade + will be in person only, Sunday mornings from 10:30-11:30/12:00 for the 2022-23 school year. For more information, see here.
- Sunday, September 18, 2022: All Children's Faith Formation Classes begin.
- Tuition for the first child each year is $200, for September through mid-May.
- The 2nd child in the household/ immediate family is $100.
- The 3rd child and beyond are $50 each.
- The fee for preparing to receive a Sacrament that year is an additional $75 per child, to cover extra expenses.
- Pay online here (preferred) or submit a check to "St. Dominic's Church." Cash is also accepted, if delivered in person, in an envelope with your child's name on it and "CFF, 2022-23" on the front.
- Additional donations, called "Agape gifts" are appreciated to help cover the costs of families who can't pay as much.
- No child will be turned away because of financial need. There are opportunities for parents to volunteer extra hours in lieu of full tuition.
- Contact the Director of Family & Youth Ministries, Kathleen Folan by calling 415-567-7824 x111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CONFIRMATION AND YOUTH MINISTRY (7TH -12TH GRADES), SEE HERE.
Below is how our program normally runs outside a pandemic:
CFF: Children Faith Formation Program (Pre-K --6th gr.)
Classes run from September 18 through May in the school building. Classes are held most weeks, excluding many school holidays, Sundays at 10:30 a.m., after the 9:30 Family Mass. All class times are immediately after a Mass in the Church, and are accompanied by adult programs in English and Spanish. CFF includes PreK classes for children starting at age 3 (must be toilet trained) and continuing through 6th Grade. All participating children and parents are required to attend the Orientation Day on the first Sunday of classes (September 18, 2022. Note: Due to Covid-19, this orientation may be cancelled or changed). Our classes are as follows:
- Level 1 Atrium for children aged 3 and toilet trained through and including Kindergarten - 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sundays.
- First Communion Level 2 Atrium - 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sundays or 4:00-5:30 p.m. Thursdays.
- This is a two year program to receive First Communion in May of their 2nd year.
- Children in 1st-6th grade may begin their 2 year formation in Fall 2022
- This is a Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program.
- 3rd-4th Grade Class for children who have already received First Communion - 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sundays.
- 5th-6th Grade Class for children who have already received First Communion - 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sundays.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 1 Atrium (age 3 - Kindergarten):
Our Atrium is for toilet-trained 3 year olds through Kindergarten, and is a beautiful way to teach our faith to children in a hands on, Montessori style. Children are given presentations 1-3 children at a time, when they are ready, and may then work with that presentation at his or her own pace. They learn about the Mass, life of Jesus, Liturgical calendar, and practical life skills. Space is limited and children will not be able to join later in the year as it disrupts the flow.
Sundays 10:30-11:30 am (priority given to active parishioners)
ANNUAL CFF WAIVER must be signed each year for each child who will participate in CFF. This will be due by the first class on September 18, 2022.
Sacramental Preparation and RCIC for children
Children's Faith Formation (CFF, above) includes First Reconciliation & First Communion preparation classes for 2nd graders (and above) who are ready. Classes begin September19th. RCIC and RCIA-for-Youth, is for all those over age 7 who have not yet been baptized, or for those over age 11 who have not yet received 1st Communion. For more information, contact Kathleen Folan at (415)567-7824x111 or email@example.com, and to register for Youth Confirmation, which starts in 7th grade, go to www.stdominics.org/ministries/youth.