Classes begin on September 19, 2021!
We will be offering both in person and online options for all classes this upcoming 2021-22 school year. All in person classes will return to our usual time of 10:30-11:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings, following the 9:30 Family Mass. Space is limited to ensure social distancing, and children must wear masks the duration of class. We will follow recommended protocols put out by the CDC at the time of class. All online classes will take place from 11:15 a.m. - noon/ 12:15 p.m., also on Sundays. This allows our catechists and families who want to attend Mass in person to get back home in time for class.
our options for the 2021-22 school year are as follows:
Level 1 Atrium for aged 3 - Kindergarten (MUST be toilet trained) – Sunday mornings, 10:30-11:30, in person only with a maximum of 15 registered students. New Addition: We will have an online zoom class from 11:15-noon/12:15 for this age group, studying God's Plan in Scripture from Ascension Press, which will study the same books each week as our adult Bible Timeline series this year!
First Communion, aged 1st grade and up – this 2 year program will be offered in two ways, and are not interchangeable as they will be different curriculums: CGS Level 2 Atrium, Sunday mornings, 10:30-11:30, in person with a maximum of 25 students OR online from 11:15-noon.
3rd-4th Grade and 5th-6th Grade for students who have already received First Communion – if we have enough students registered for both methods, and enough catechists, we will offer in person from 10:30-11:30 and online from 11:15 – noon/ 12:15 on Sunday mornings. This year, we will study God's Plan in Scripture from Ascension Press, which will study the same books each week as our adult Bible Timeline series this year, so kids, parents and grandparents can all study the Bible together!
- Our 18 month Confirmation Program for students aged 7th Grade + will be both in person and online this year. For more information, see here.
- Sunday, September 19, 2021: All Children's Faith Formation Classes begin, both in person and on Zoom.
- Tuition for the first child each year is $200, for September through mid-May.
- The 2nd child in the household/ immediate family is $100.
- The 3rd child is $50 and 4th and beyond are free.
- The fee for preparing to receive a Sacrament that year is an additional $75 per child, to cover extra expenses.
- Pay online here (preferred) or submit a check to "St. Dominic's Church." Cash is also accepted, if delivered in person, in an envelope with your child's name on it and "CFF, 2021-22" on the front.
- Additional donations, called "Agape gifts" are appreciated to help cover the costs of families who can't pay as much.
- No child will be turned away because of financial need. There are opportunities for parents to volunteer extra hours in lieu of full tuition.
- Contact the Director of Family & Youth Ministries, Kathleen Folan by calling 415-567-7824 x111 or email email@example.com
CONFIRMATION AND YOUTH MINISTRY (7TH -12TH GRADES), SEE HERE.
Below is how our program normally runs outside a pandemic:
CFF: Children Faith Formation Program (Pre-K --6th gr.)
Classes run from September 19 through May in the school building. Classes are held most weeks, excluding many school holidays, Sundays at 10:30 a.m., after the 9:30 Family Mass. All class times are immediately after a Mass in the Church, and are accompanied by adult programs in English and Spanish. CFF includes PreK classes for children starting at age 3 (must be toilet trained) and continuing through 6th Grade. All participating children and parents are required to attend the Orientation Day on the first Sunday of classes (September 19, 2021. Note: Due to Covid-19, this orientation may be cancelled or changed). Our classes are as follows:
- Level 1 Atrium for children aged 3 and toilet trained through and including Kindergarten - 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- First Communion Level 2 Atrium - 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- This is a two year program to receive First Communion in May of their 2nd year.
- Children in 1st-6th grade may begin their 2 year formation in Fall 2021
- This is a Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program.
- 3rd-4th Grade Class for children who have already received First Communion - 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- 5th-6th Grade Class for children who have already received First Communion - 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 1 Atrium (age 3 - Kindergarten):
Our Atrium is for toilet-trained 3 year olds through Kindergarten, and is a beautiful way to teach our faith to children in a hands on, Montessori style. Children are given presentations 1-3 children at a time, when they are ready, and may then work with that presentation at his or her own pace. They learn about the Mass, life of Jesus, Liturgical calendar, and practical life skills. Space is limited and children will not be able to join later in the year as it disrupts the flow.
Sundays 10:30-11:30 am (priority given to active parishioners)
ANNUAL CFF WAIVER must be signed each year for each child who will participate in CFF. This will be due by the first class on September 19, 2021.
Sacramental Preparation and RCIC for children
Children's Faith Formation (CFF, above) includes First Reconciliation & First Communion preparation classes for 2nd graders (and above) who are ready. Classes begin September19th. RCIC and RCIA-for-Youth, is for all those over age 7 who have not yet been baptized, or for those over age 11 who have not yet received 1st Communion. For more information, contact Kathleen Folan at (415)567-7824x111 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and to register for Youth Confirmation, which starts in 7th grade, go to www.stdominics.org/ministries/youth.