SAVE THE DATES:
saturday, AUGUST 24, 2019>>>>>> PARISH PICNIC
- From 11 AM to 3 PM in Parish Parking Lot
sunday, SEPTEMBER 8, 2019 >>>> CFF ORIENTATION BREAKFAST
- At 10:30 AM in the Parish Hall
sunday, SEPTEMBER 15, 2019 >>>>>> ALL CLASSES BEGIN
- Pre-K - 6th Grade: 10:30 - 11:30 AM
- Confirmation (7th Grade +): 10:30 AM -12:00 PM or 2:45-5:15 PM
- All classes except morning Confirmation 1 will be in the School Building
- First Year Confirmation morning class will take place in the Aquinas Room
CFF: Children Faith Formation Program (Pre-K --6th gr.)
Classes run from the 3rd Sunday in September through the Sunday before Memorial Day Weekend in May in the school building. Classes are held most weeks Sundays at 10:30 a.m., after the 9:30 Family Mass. All class times are immediately after a Mass in the Church, and are accompanied by adult programs in English and Spanish. CFF includes PreK classes for children starting at age 2.9 (toilet trained) and continuing through 6th Grade. All participating children and parents are required to attend the Orientation Day on the first Sunday of classes (September 15, 2019).
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Atrium (age 2.9 - Kindergarten)
Our Atrium is for toilet-trained 2.9 year olds through Kindergarten, and is a beautiful way to teach our faith to children in a hands on, Montessori style. Children are given presentations 1-3 children at a time, when they are ready, and may then work with that presentation at his or her own pace. They learn about the Mass, life of Jesus, Liturgical calendar, and practical life skills. Space is limited and children will not be able to join later in the year as it disrupts the flow.
Sundays 10:30-11:30 am (priority given to active parishioners)
- ANNUAL CFF WAIVER must be signed each year for each child who will participate in CFF.
- This will be due by the first class on September 15
- CFF TUITION: Tuition for the first child each year is $200, for September through mid-May.
- Each additional child is $100, with the 4th and beyond being free.
- The fee for preparing to receive a Sacrament that year is an additional $75 per child.
- Pay online here (preferred) or submit a check to "St. Dominic's Church." Cash is also accepted, if delivered in person, in an envelope with your child's name on it and "CFF, 2019-20" on the front.
- Additional donations, called "Agape gifts" are appreciated to help cover the costs of families who can't pay as much.
- No child will be turned away because of financial need. There are opportunities for parents to volunteer extra hours in lieu of full tuition.
- Contact the Director of Family & Youth Ministries, Kathy Folan by calling 415-567-7824 x111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmation and Youth Ministry (7th -12th Grades), see here.
Sacramental Preparation and RCIC for children
Children's Faith Formation (CFF, above) includes First Reconciliation & First Communion preparation classes for 2nd graders (and above) who are ready. Classes begin September 17th. RCIC and RCIA-for-Youth, is for all those over age 7 who have not yet been baptized, or for those over age 11 who have not yet received 1st Communion, leading towards their initiation at the Easter Vigil or Easter Sunday. For more information, contact Kathy Folan at (415) 674-0446 or email@example.com, and to register for Youth Confirmation, which starts in 7th grade, go to www.stdominics.org/ministries/youth.