*This series was offered in 2014-15. For 2016-17, we are creating Torch groups and resources for the Fall, Lent, and Late Spring. Torch groups meet weekly for prayer with Scripture, reflection on the Dominican tradition, and faith-sharing. Torch Sign-ups.
What do you mean by Intentional Seeker?
At St. Dominic’s we explore what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ, and to become more intentional about discipleship. Let’s face it, before we can truly be disciples we must acknowledge and engage barriers that prevent us from starting the journey. We all have barriers! The question is not whether or not we have barriers, it is whether we are willing to seek ways to overcome those barriers. An Intentional Seeker explores some of the most common barriers present in our own lives and in the lives of those around us.
Dear Jesus, grant your way to all who seek you,
your truth to all who want to know you,
and your life to all who share your love.
Each month features a theme based around a common question or barrier. We pick scripture passages and other writings that will help us explore this theme. You can read, reflect, pray, and act upon each them on your own or in a group.
- September 2014: Intentional Seekers Find the Time
- October 2014: Intentional Seekers Go Beyond Good
- November 2014: Intentional Seekers Seek Truth
- December 2014 & January 2015: Intentional Seekers Think
- February 2015: Intentional Seekers Are Open
- March 2015: Intentional Seekers Embrace The Desert
- April & May 2015: Intentional Seekers Are Life-Giving
- June 2015: Intentional Seekers Show Mercy
- July 2015: Intentional Seekers Care For Creation
- August 2015: Intentional Seekers Seek Justice