jpic (Justice, peace, & integrity of creation) AT ST. DOMINIC'S
What we do: JPIC is grounded in real people's experiences, study of the issues, prayer, and action for life, justice, and the common good.
EXPERIENCE: name and discuss current issues of social concern to us and our community, listen to others’ experiences, build solidarity
STUDY: deepen our knowledge of Catholic social teaching and the facts/problems/possible solutions
PRAY: pray for justice and peace in our community and our world
ACT: mobilize and plan social action for the sake of justice in our society
~All at the level of personal relationships, organizations, & public policy~
Our way of proceeding:
We respect others and their right to have a different opinion
Be ready to explain how our opinions are related to the values of Catholic Social Teaching
No ad hominem attacks against those present or absent
Join us, or observe a session!
The JPIC committee usually meets the 4th Thursday evening of the month at 7pm in the Aquinas Room for a planning meeting, and hosts an informal " Justice Cafe" once a month on the First Friday at 9am in the Siena Room.
Our current rotation of working groups are focusing on:
- Gun Violence
- Immigration, Refugees, and the fate of Non-Citizens in the U.S.
- Affordable Housing and Homelessness
- Thursday, Feb. 28, 7:00pm in Aquinas Room MONTHLY JPIC MEETING
- Friday, Mar. 1st , 9:00 AM in the Siena Room JUSTICE CAFE, w/ coffee and news
- Friday, Mar. 15th, 6:00 PM in the Parish Hall LENTEN SOUP & SPEAKER
- Friday, Mar. 22nd, 7:30 PM in the Church STATIONS OF THE CROSS, justice-themed
- Friday, Mar. 29th, 6:00 PM in the Parish Hall LENTEN SOUP & SPEAKER
- Thursday, October 25: Local Ballot Measure Panel. 35 members of the community attended and heard presentations about upcoming ballot measures on housing for the November mid-term elections.
- Friday, January 25th: St. Dominic's Church hosted the annual Prayer Vigil for Life, on the eve of the Walk for Life West Coast.
- Contact Michael, our staff liason, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LIKE us on Facebook!