jpic (Justice, peace, & integrity of creation) AT ST. DOMINIC'S
What we do: JPIC is grounded in real people's experiences, study of the issues, prayer, and action for life, justice, and the common good.
EXPERIENCE: name and discuss current issues of social concern to us and our community, listen to others’ experiences, build solidarity
STUDY: deepen our knowledge of Catholic social teaching and the facts/problems/possible solutions
PRAY: pray for justice and peace in our community and our world
ACT: mobilize and plan social action for the sake of justice in our society
~All at the level of personal relationships, organizations, & public policy~
Our way of proceeding:
We respect others and their right to have a different opinion
Be ready to explain how our opinions are related to the values of Catholic Social Teaching
No ad hominem attacks against those present or absent
Join us, or observe a session!
The JPIC committee meets the 4th Thursday evening of the month at 7pm in the Aquinas Room for a planning meeting, and hosts an informal " Justice Cafe" once a month on the First Friday at 9am in the Siena Room.
Our current rotation of working groups are focusing on:
- Health Care
- Immigration, Refugees, and the fate of Non-Citizens in the U.S.
- Affordable Housing and Homelessness
- Thursday, June 22nd, 7;00 PM in Siena Room MONTHLY JPIC MEETING
- Sunday, May 7: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS WORKSHOP. 25 people attended this workshop, presented in Spanish by Francisco Gonzalez from the Office of Immigration Services and Refugee Resettlement at Catholic Charities, San Francisco.
- Friday, April 28: IN THE HEART OF THE CITY--Parish Dinner & Listening Session. 26 members of the community attended and exchanged their stories and concerns over dinner.
- Fridays, March 3 and 10: LENTEN SOUP SUPPERS--We heard speakers on Native American experiences and Standing Rock, as well as living in the U.S. undocumented.
- Thursday, February 23: RAPID RESPONSE & ACCOMPANIMENT NETWORK TRAINING--140 members of the community filled the Parish Hall to learn how to be in solidarity with our immigrant brothers and sisters locally.
- Contact Michael, our staff liason, at email@example.com.
- LIKE us on Facebook!