7th-8th GRADE YOUTH MINISTRY (YM)
- St. Dominic's Youth Ministry (YM) is for students in grades 7-8 (see CORE TEAM below for high school). At YM we encounter the love of Christ and grow in following Him with joy and courage. Our activities connect Catholic teens with God and each other. All 7-8th Grade students preparing for Confirmation must also register with YM. During the school year, September through May, YM meets on most Sundays from 4-5:15pm in the school building's top floor Teen Room, followed by the 5:30pm Mass. We also plan service projects, Bible studies, game-nights, urban adventures, Catholic-themed guest speakers, retreats, and youth participation at Masses. And there is always some food! Contact (415) 674-0446 for more information.
- Online 2016-17 Registration for YM-Confirmation: Each year, students' parents must register or renew their student each year before they may attend a YM or Confirmation event. Register for Confirmation no later than Sept. 8th, 2016. Online 2016-17 YM-confirmacion registracion en Espanol.
- 2016-17 YM-Confirmation Waiver: Each year, a parent-signed waiver must be printed and paper-submitted or scanned and emailed in order for the student to attend a YM event. The waivers are available in the parish office at 2390 Bush St. waiver en espanol.
- 2016-17 YM-Confirmation Fee. YM is $150 for the year. If the student is in Confirmation 2 preparation, there is an extra $50 fee. No one is turned away due to lack of funds. Pay online through the link or submit a check made out to "St. Dominic's Church." For more information, or to inquire about scholarships, contact the Director of YM-Confirmation, Socorro Reyes, at email@example.com or 415-674-0446.
- 2016-17 YM-Confirmation Calendar
CONFIRMATION & SACRAMENTAL PREPARATION FOR TEENS
Youth Confirmation is a two-year journey of initiation in the Catholic community, strengthening in the Holy Spirit, and maturing discipleship of Jesus Christ. Our youth Confirmation program is open to those in grades 7-12, with sessions beginning each September. Monthly Confirmation classes are held during the school year on the first Sunday of the month from 4-5:15pm, followed by 5:30pm Mass. There is also a summer accelerated track. Either way, Confirmation students must attend weekly Mass and participate in at least 2 Youth Ministry (YM) events each month or serve in a liturgical ministry (Catholic school students must only attend at least 1 YM event each month). Candidates must register for 7-8th Grade Youth Ministry or High School CORE TEAM and indicate their interest in Confirmation. For information contact (415) 674-0446. For more details and the expectations of parents in Confirmation see the Overview of 2-Year Confirmation Program.
RCIA-for-Youth, which includes preparation for Baptism, reception into the Catholic Church, and First Communion, involves attending a series of RCIA meetings on a weeknight, leading up to the Easter Vigil. This can be done in conjunction with participation in YM-Confirmation. Sessions begin in September or in January. Please contact Gabrielle at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To download or print out the make-up assignments for a monthly class that you missed, click on: Confirmation Make-ups Assignments.
The Confirmation 1 Parent Meeting for 2016-17 will be held twice in the Fall in the Aquinas Room:
- Sunday, August 28th, 3:00pm-5:00pm,
- REPEAT, Tuesday, September 6th, 7:00pm-9:00pm.
- The first Confirmation 1 Class (student and parent orientation) is September 11, 2016, at 10:45am or 4:00pm. Confirmation 2 student-parent orientation is the same day, only at 4:00pm.
- Parent Engagement each month is required for all parents of Confirmation candidates. Self-report each month on the Parent Engagement Google-Doc.. Here is a list of examples of parent engagement:
- Sunday “Practical Faith” series during all monthly Confirmation classes
- Landings (Returning Catholics), 8 Mondays in the Fall (email@example.com)
- Bible Study--Acts of the Apostles, Coed, Tuesdays, 7pm-8:30pm; Revelation, Women, Tuesdays, 9am-10:30am w/ childcare (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RCIA (to become Catholic, or for a refresher)--Tues,7-9pm(email@example.com)
- St. Dominic’s Yoga w/ Prayer—Sat., 9:30am-11am (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christian Meditation Group—Wed., 7:30pm-8:30pm (email@example.com)
- Volunteer in a liturgical ministry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Volunteer in a youth or children’s ministry (email@example.com)
- A retreat, First-Friday Eucharist Adoration, reading a spiritual book, weekday Mass, or various other opportunities that might work for your schedule and needs.
To sign-up for Confirmation or RCIA-for-Youth, register above for 7-8th Gr. YM-Confirmation.