7th-8th GRADE YOUTH MINISTRY (YM)
- St. Dominic's Youth Ministry (YM) is for students in grades 7-8 (see CORE TEAM below for high school). At YM we encounter the love of Christ and grow in following Him with joy and courage. Our activities connect Catholic teens with God and each other. All 7-8th Grade students preparing for Confirmation must also register with YM. During the school year, September through May, YM meets on most Sundays from 4-5:15pm in the school building's top floor Teen Room, followed by the 5:30pm Mass. We also plan service projects, Bible studies, game-nights, urban adventures, Catholic-themed guest speakers, retreats, and youth participation at Masses. And there is always some food! Contact Kathy at email@example.com or (415) 674-0446 for more information.
- Online 2017-18 Registration for YM-Confirmation: Each year, students' parents must register or renew their student each year before they may attend a YM or Confirmation event. Register for Confirmation no later than Sept. 10th, 2017.
- 2017-18 YM-Confirmation Waiver: Each year, a parent-signed waiver must be printed and paper-submitted or scanned and emailed in order for the student to attend a YM event. The waivers are available in the parish office at 2390 Bush St.
- 2017-18 YM-Confirmation Fee. YM is $150 for the year. If the student is in Confirmation 2 preparation, there is an extra $50 fee. No one is turned away due to lack of funds. Pay online through the link or submit a check made out to "St. Dominic's Church." For more information, or to inquire about scholarships, contact the Director of YM-Confirmation, Kathy Folan, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-674-0446.
- 2017-18 YM-Confirmation Calendar
CONFIRMATION & SACRAMENTAL PREPARATION FOR TEENS
Youth Confirmation is a two-year journey of initiation in the Catholic community, strengthening in the Holy Spirit, and maturing discipleship of Jesus Christ. Our youth Confirmation program is open to those in grades 7-12, with sessions beginning each September. Monthly Confirmation classes are held during the school year once a month on Sundays from September through May, either at 10:30am-12pm or 3:45pm-5:15pm. Either way, Confirmation students must attend weekly Mass and participate in at least 2 Youth Ministry (YM) events each month, which meets the other Sundays from 4pm-5:15pm. Candidates must register for 7-8th Grade Youth Ministry or High School CORE TEAM and indicate their interest in Confirmation. For information contact Kathy at email@example.com or (415) 674-0446. For more details and the expectations of parents in Confirmation see the Overview of 2-Year Confirmation Program.
RCIA-for-Youth, which includes preparation for Baptism, reception into the Catholic Church, and First Communion, involves attending a series of RCIA meetings on a weeknight, leading up to the Easter Vigil. This can be done in conjunction with participation in YM-Confirmation. Sessions begin in September or in January. Please contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-674-0446.
- To download or print out the make-up assignments for a monthly class that you missed, click on: Confirmation Make-ups Assignments.
The Confirmation Parent Meetings for 2017-18 will be:
- For Year 1 Parents: Thursday, September 7th, 6:30 PM in the Aquinas Room.
- For Year 2 Parents: Tuesday, September 5th, 6:30 PM in the Aquinas Room.
- The Confirmation Classes this year (student and parent orientation) begin September 17 at 10:30am or 3:45pm.
- Parent Engagement each month is required for all parents of Confirmation candidates. Self-report each month on the Parent Engagement Google-Doc.. Here is a list of examples of parent engagement:
- Sunday “Practical Faith” series during all monthly Confirmation classes
- Alpha--For anyone who is curious about Christianity, Mondays, 7-9pm, Fall & Summer seasons, (email@example.com)
- Bible Study--Women's Group, Gospel of John, Tuesdays, 9am-11:00am w/ childcare (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RCIA (to become Catholic, receive Confirmation, or for a refresher)--Tues, 7pm-9pm(email@example.com)
- St. Dominic’s Yoga w/ Prayer—Sat., 9:30am-11am, monthly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christian Meditation Group—Wed., 7pm-8pm (email@example.com)
- Volunteer in a liturgical ministry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Volunteer in a youth or children’s ministry (email@example.com)
- A retreat, First-Friday Eucharist Adoration, reading a spiritual book, weekday Mass, or various other opportunities that might work for your schedule and needs.
To sign-up for Confirmation or RCIA-for-Youth, register above for 7-8th Gr. YM-Confirmation.