At CORE TEAM, we open and strengthen our "cor" (hearts) to be beacons of the love and joy that comes from Jesus Christ.
Our youth ministry collaborates with the Catholic parishes and schools in the area to challenge high school students to become leaders in their Church and in their community. We form hearts of justice and encounter the Lord more deeply in prayer through retreats, service, and fellowship throughout the year.
In the summers, we lead Vacation Bible Camps and participate in mission trips where we stretch ourselves to encounter the Lord in our neighbor, especially in the marginalized. Recent summer mission trips have been to inner-city Tacoma, WA, Jamaica, and in the neighborhoods of San Francisco.
CORE TEAM (9th-12th Grade)
- Only high school students and their friends are invited.
- Students come from various high schools and Catholic parishes and high schools in Northern San Francisco.
- CORE TEAM meets once a month on Saturday mornings (September through May) for service projects, leadership trainings, mini-retreats, and social outings, always with food.
- CORE TEAM members go on an overnight retreat together in January, away from San Francisco.
- CORE TEAM members are invited to a weeklong summer mission trip each year, or to be leaders at Summer Vacation Bible camp in San Francisco.
- In November and February, the CORE TEAM leads a retreat for 6th-grade students and 7th-grade students in San Francisco.
- CORE TEAM registration is $150 for the year, plus some optional special event fees. Pay the registration fee online, or submit a check made out to "St. Dominic's Church."
Youth Confirmation is a two-year journey of initiation in the Catholic community, strengthening in the Holy Spirit, and maturing discipleship of Jesus Christ. Our youth Confirmation program is open to those in grades 7-12, with sessions beginning each September. Monthly Confirmation classes are held during the school year on the first Sunday of the month from 4-5:15pm, followed by 5:30pm Mass. There is also a Tuesday night track and a Summer Session option. Either way, Confirmation students must attend weekly Mass and participate in at least 2 Youth Ministry (YM) events each month or serve in a liturgical ministry (Catholic school students must only attend at least 1 YM event each month). Candidates must register for 7-8th Grade Youth Ministry or High School CORE TEAM (see registration link above) and indicate their interest in Confirmation. For information contact the Director of Youth Ministries after August 1st at (415) 674-0446. For more details and the expectations of parents in Confirmation see the Overview of 2-Year Confirmation Program.
RCIA-for-Youth, which includes preparation for Baptism, reception into the Catholic Church, and First Communion, involves attending a series of RCIA meetings on a weeknight, leading up to the Easter Vigil. This can be done in conjunction with participation in YM-Confirmation. Sessions begin in September or in January. Contact the Director of Family & Youth after August 1st at 415-674-0446.
- To download or print one of the monthly Confirmation class make-up assignments, click on this link: Confirmation Make-up Assignments
- PARENT ENGAGEMENT each month is required for all parents of Confirmation candidates. Self-report each month on the Parent Engagement Google-Doc. Here is a list of examples of parent engagement:
- Sunday “Practical Faith” series during all monthly Confirmation classes
- Landings (Returning Catholics), 8 Mondays in the Fall (email@example.com)
- Coed Bible Study--Acts of the Apostles,Tuesdays, 7pm-8:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study--Revelation (starting in September), 9am-10:30am w/ childcare (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RCIA (to become Catholic, or for a refresher)--Tues,7-9pm(email@example.com)
- St. Dominic’s Yoga w/ Prayer—Sat., 9:30am-11am (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christian Meditation Group—Wed., 7:30pm-8:30pm (email@example.com)
- Volunteer in a liturgical ministry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Volunteer in a youth or children’s ministry, 415-674-0446, after August 1st.
- A retreat, First-Friday Eucharist Adoration, reading a spiritual book, weekday Mass, or various other opportunities that might work for your schedule and needs.
To sign-up for Confirmation or RCIA-for-Youth, register above for 9-12th Gr. CORE TEAM.