At CORE TEAM, we open and strengthen our "cor" (hearts) to be beacons of the love and joy that comes from Jesus Christ.
Our youth ministry collaborates with the Catholic parishes and schools in the area to challenge high school students to become leaders in their Church and in their community. We form hearts of justice and encounter the Lord more deeply in prayer through retreats, service, and fellowship throughout the year.
In the summers, we lead Vacation Bible Camps and participate in mission trips where we stretch ourselves to encounter the Lord in our neighbor, especially in the marginalized. Recent summer mission trips have been to inner-city Tacoma, WA, Jamaica, and in the neighborhoods of San Francisco.
CORE TEAM (9th-12th Grade) - TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
- Only high school students and their friends are invited.
- Students come from various high schools and Catholic parishes and high schools in Northern San Francisco.
- CORE TEAM events vary, and include for service projects, leadership trainings, mini-retreats, and social outings, always with food.
- CORE TEAM members are invited to the Confirmation program if they are seeking that Sacrament; CORE TEAM Confirmation participants pay a program fee of $150, and must register online (see link at right).
- CORE TEAM members are invited to a summer leadership conference each year, or to be leaders at Summer Vacation Bible camp in San Francisco.
- In November and February, the CORE TEAM leads a retreat for 6th-grade students and 7th-grade students in San Francisco.
- CORE TEAM waivers and fees are accepted as needed per event. For more information, contact Kathy Folan at email@example.com
2017-18 CORE TEAM Waiver
2017-18 CORE TEAM Fee
2017-18 CORE TEAM Calendar & Guide
- St. Dominic's Confirmation Program is a two-year journey of initiation in the Catholic community, strengthening in the Holy Spirit, and maturing discipleship of Jesus Christ. It is open for students to begin in the 7th-11th grades and comprises the following:
- We meet once per month for class using the "Chosen" program from Ascension Press. There are two time options for the monthly class: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon or 3:45-5:15 p.m.
- One "At-Home Assignment" due one Sunday per month, which can be completed any time that week.
- One Youth Ministry attendance required per month. YM meetings will occur on alternate Sundays from class and At-Home assignments.
- Weekly Mass attendance and signed programs submitted.
- One Homily reflection submitted per semester (due in December and March)
- First Year Confirmation Students have a 3 hour retreat on Saturday, November 14 from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., plus various service opportunities, Las Posadas, etc.
- Second Year Confirmation Students have 10 hours of community service (due in May), a full day retreat in March, a Saints Fair near Confirmation time, letters of intent to our pastor and the presiding bishop, and an interview in December.
For information contact the Director of Youth Ministries (415) 567-7824 ext. 111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details and the expectations of parents in Confirmation see the Overview of 2-Year Confirmation Program.
RCIA-for-Youth, which includes preparation for Baptism, reception into the Catholic Church, and First Communion is available or children aged 7+. This can be done in conjunction with participation in YM-Confirmation by attending our 2 year program that takes place on Sundays from 3:15-3:45, right before Confirmation/ Youth Ministry classes - these students must be at least in the 7th grade. We also have classes for students aged 5th grade plus over 2 years who are not in our Confirmation program, Sunday mornings from 10:30-11:30 using Sophia Institute Curriculum. We have a 2 year program for First Communion for students at least in the 1st grade - 4th grade using the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, Sunday mornings from 10:30-11:30. Sessions begin in September. For more information about our Children's Faith Formation program, see here. Contact the Director of Family & Youth Ministries at (415) 567-7824 ext. 111 or email@example.com.
- To download or print one of the monthly Confirmation class make-up assignments, click on this link: Confirmation Make-up Assignments
- PARENT ENGAGEMENT each month is required for all parents of Confirmation candidates. Self-report each month on the Parent Engagement Google-Doc. Here is a list of examples of parent engagement:
- Sunday “Practical Faith” series during all monthly Confirmation classes
- Landings (Returning Catholics), 8 Mondays in the Fall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Coed Bible Study--Acts of the Apostles,Tuesdays, 7pm-8:30pm
- Women’s Bible Study--Revelation (starting in September), 9am-10:30am w/ childcare (email@example.com)
- RCIA (to become Catholic, or for a refresher)--Tues,7-9pm(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- St. Dominic’s Yoga w/ Prayer—Sat., 9:30am-11am (email@example.com)
- Christian Meditation Group—Wed., 7:30pm-8:30pm (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Volunteer in a liturgical ministry (email@example.com)
- Volunteer in a youth or children’s ministry, (415) 567-7824 ext. 111, after August 1st.
- A retreat, First-Friday Eucharist Adoration, reading a spiritual book, weekday Mass, or various other opportunities that might work for your schedule and needs.
To sign-up for Confirmation or RCIA-for-Youth, register above for 9-12th Gr. CORE TEAM.